Friday, 19 October 2012

Spilled milk

Here I am at a loose end on a Saturday afternoon and I stumbled across a picture I am sure many of you have seen, and if you haven't you will probably enjoy it. I may have even posted it before, but I don't think so. I call it Spilled Milk, and I think it's a delightful scene of mother daughter correction, maybe a little severe, but in an unusual setting, which as I am sure many of you know, I enjoy. If anyone can tell me who the artist was that would also be appreciated.
Love Aunty Andrea XXXX



3 comments:

  1. I do not know but yes this is a wonderful dipiction of a severe spanking for spilling the milk, ouch.
    Always
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who the artist is either but I have an animated .gif of it if you'd like.

    I'll bet she's more careful with the bucket next time... ;-)

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. The switching is a little severe, but looked at in the context of the time when it's set, that bucket quite possibly contained the milk for the day for the family, and now they'll have to wait until the next day when the cow has more milk. Phil, you are correct she will be more careful next time.

    ReplyDelete