Tuesday, 25 March 2014

March Nominations


I had hoped not to have to do this too often this time around, and I thought changing things up a little may get some action, but apparently not.

I feel almost as if I have to go and get this out when I'm talking to you all about this subject.



Perhaps a good talking to with Mrs Crop will loosen those tongues.

I am of course speaking of the SotY. I may be naive, but I had hoped people would participate, and while I had a few faithful nominators last year they were few and far between. I thought maybe the story about last year's winner Miley Cyrus may have gotten a more enthusiastic response, and it did for a little while, but then interest died down again.

I decided to forge on because some people did seem to want it to continue, I changed things and altered the nomination process and made it less strict, allowing men as well as women and this month featured our first Spanker, a woman. Choosing is going to be a hard task, but not for the reasons I had hoped. I've had to add a couple in myself because of the deafening lack of response.

So, in an effort to see if I can coax some sort of interest in the whole concept out of people I'm to post the nominees. Three are from readers and I've come up with a couple of my own to see if either of them appeal.


Dana Delaney. I can see why she was nominated. There's something naturally stern and dominant about her and I can imagine that if she felt the need she could deliver an absolutely blistering spanking to a deserving backside.


She doesn't need any introduction. Princess Kate. I've made no secret of the fact that I see her as a spanker, she even filled that role in a couple of Debbie Downunder's articles for the Glowing Globes Gazette. She'd be an interesting choice as she was also nominated for last year's SotY, but on the other side of the lap.


Now this is the first of my personal nominations, and she's another odd one, because she too was nominated as an SotY last year. For those who haven't recognised her from the picture, it's pop starlet Katy Perry. Katy was raised rather traditionally and while a lot of what she does and says seems to indicate that she's strayed far from that path she can occasionally make a comment that makes you agree with her. On this occasion, during her recent tour of Australia she said that Miley Cyrus needed a spanking. I realise that Katy's comment came about as a result of a tweet Miley sent about her and referenced a girl on girl kiss the two of them shared, but it's a sentiment so many of us agree with and a scene we'd love to see, I am sure.


Supermodel Liz Hurley. There is something very commanding about Miss Liz. I'm sure she kept at least two of her famous boyfriends (Hugh Grant and Shane Warne) in line with trips over her lap, and in the case of the Aussie spin king Debbie even wrote an article about it. Does make you wonder why they left her. If she said 'over my lap, now!' I think most men would be in a hurry to comply.


This is another of mine. Oprah Winfrey. I'd really never considered her before, although I don't know why, she fits the brief almost better than anyone else I could readily think of. Older, wiser, compassionate, attractive, elegant, motherly. In recent times she's been mentoring Lindsay Lohan and while that young lady is badly damaged and may never completely recover, Oprah does seem to have made some progress and I believe she's been clean and sober for a short while now. It's baby steps and a long way to go, but it looks like Oprah makes a good surrogate 'mother'.

Please let me know what you think of the suggestions and the one that seems to get the most support will be March's selection. If your favourite doesn't win, don't despair, this won't be the only time I'll ask for calls for a female spanker this year.

I hope I haven't offended, I'm just trying to encourage a little participation.

Love,
Aunty Andrea
XXX

18 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree wholeheartedly with Dana Delany as my nominee too. Not the least of which because she actually starred as a professional dominatrix in "Exit to Eden". If I were into "swapping places" with anyone, it would be the very lucky Paul Mercurio on this movie. Of course the sight of Rosie O'Donnell in a black leather "domme" outfit might put some of you off but don't let that spoil the experience of seeing the delightful Ms. Delany in the movie.

    I don't see Oprah as a spanker myself, but I haven't seen Stedman around much lately. Maybe she has him at home in a French maid's outfit cleaning the house and serving tea to her and her friends... ;-)

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's a toss up for me between Dana and Liz. Both are bonafide real life spankos. Liz has been known to indulge in spanking party games; Dana actually accompanied a dominatrix to a trusted client's house and spanked him as part of her research for Exit to Eden. She took to the role so wholeheartedly one of her friends apparently told her she had finally found her true calling.
    But then, Liz has that accent....
    Aargh. Did they both have to be included in the same month?
    OK, OK. If I have to choose, I guess I'll go with Dana too.

    Sorry, Liz. You can take it out on my butt if it will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Dana is leading the pack. I have no issues with that, they're all worthy winners and as both Red and Phil have pointed out she does have some bone fide real life experience, even if it was for a film role.
    Don't despair Red, this won't be the only time I make a call for a female spanker, so Liz could still win in that round.
    I actually think this little change I've made, letting everyone know the nominations and calling for a bit of a vote before the final decision could be a good initiative to trial for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to nominate Princess Kate. I think I voted for her as the spankee of the month and now I think she should be the one dealing out the spanking. What I would love to see or read about is Kate spanking her younger sister Pippa who badly needs her now famous bum spanking AND spanking her mother Carol who from all accounts has been a social climber and needs to be brought down a pwg or two and who better to do it than her own daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you've come around to the possibilities of Kate as a spanker, Sophie. The role does suit her much better than a spankee I feel. If you want to satisfy your desire to see one of the other Middletons spanked there's a Debbie Downunder article about Kate spanking Pippa here on the blog, darling.

      Delete
  5. I am going to support Sophie in her nomination of Kate as the female spanker of the month. I would like to think of her spanking her mother Carol perhaps because I'm of a similar age to her and so can identify with her....to and with Carol that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, thank you for the response. Next time I do a spankee I think Carole Middleton may be racking up the votes.

      Delete
  6. I've actually thought of both Dana Delaney and Elizabeth Hurley as spankers in my fantasies in the past. They have both mentioned or been involved spanking in thier lives or in movies in the past. Yet, i have to vote for Oprah. She just has such a maternal vibe to her. I imagine her to scold and lecture in a calm measured way, but to make sure sitting isn't easy after she is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was largely how I felt about Oprah, too, although the possibility didn't really hit me until I heard about her work with Lindsay Lohan.

      Delete
  7. Hi Aunty Andrea I nominate Dana first then Liz Hurley .I see them both as very formadible spankers and I'm sure they can make any man or lady from young to old crry their eyes out if spanked over their stern laps, They are both dominant women . With no nonsense attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heniel. I'm sure you've been keeping track on the votes, so will enjoy seeing the results.

      Delete
  8. I agree about Dana there certainly something stern about her, but also a glint in her eye sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have that look, doesn't she? Thank you for the vote.

      Delete
  9. It's a difficult choice but I'm going to opt for Kate Middleton or rather HRH Princess Catherine. Perhaps it's because I'm from the UK but it would be good to see her spanking her mother's arse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't hear that much about Carole down here, but is she really that infuriating?

      Delete
  10. Excluding yourself, of course, I have many other suggestions (sorry, been away) but of the nominees I'd go with Kate Middleton as well. She would be perfect except that the only way I could see her spanking me would be maybe if I was dating her sister Pippa and she spanked both of us for having a blow-up in public or something. I prefer someone I don't know enough about so that I can at least picture myself in a relationship with them…

    Katy Perry would be a dream fantasy if I was under, say, twenty five... otherwise I'd question how much experience she's had with adult issues…

    Dana Delany would be great... Liz Hurley, like most Anglo actresses, is just too thin for me to want to go over her lap. Slender is fine but they take it to the extreme (I know it's an occupational requirement). Plus I worry that all that dieting makes her bitchy. On the other hand, the fact that she'd enjoy it would be a plus in my book…

    Another strike against most actresses and Oprah as well is that I get the impression that they're very self-centered and like for everything to be all about them, which is not good in a spanker, it needs to be about the spankee.

    By the way, who is the lovely lady in blue (holding the crop) at the LACMA benefit? I may have to attend the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add to the tally John. The lady with the crop at the LACMA benefit is none other than Andie McDowell.

      Delete
  11. Liz Hurley is a total spanko and admitted to playing spanking games, she to me is a bottom.
    ALways
    Ron

    ReplyDelete