Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Art appreciation


Once upon a time a long time ago I used to post bits of spanking art that caught my eye and I still do it to illustrate stories or make a point in a post, but I haven't done it for the sheer appreciation of it for a long time now.

My faithful French correspondent Jean-Jacques sent me some old artwork that centred around the French revolution to an extent and was probably originally done some time ago. I've seen Regency spanking art before, but these images were new to me and I thought I'd share them with you as well. Many of them seem to capture the act of spanking or la fessee as our French friends call it.


This is nuns being whipped by the revolutionary women.




This is very typical of how ladies in the French countryside dealt with their misbehaving offspring for years, years ago. I think the first one is really cute.


This one has a lovely naturalness about it and is simply titled 'La Fessee' or in English 'The Spanking'.

Now just when I thought Jean-Jacques couldn't top himself he went one better and found these.




I've seen plenty of intricate and incredibly detailed porcelain in collections that seems to display all facets of life at the time it was made, but never before the act of spanking. I like the contrast between the two painted pieces and the one that hasn't been coloured in.

I hope you all enjoyed the images and the porcelain and appreciated it as much as I did.

Love,
Aunty Andrea
XXX


2 comments:

  1. Very appealing stuff here. I like the artwork and find number four my favorite. There seems to be the face of another child to the spanker's right. I wonder if he's waiting his turn? I like the porcelain work very much as well. The second one has a lot of detail but the "unfinished" one has a lot too. I can only imagine what it would look like fully colored and fired. I wonder if the child's bottom would be white or red?

    Nice work from Jean-Jacques...

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all gorgeous. Red or pink would be my vote for the colour of the bottom in the final piece of porcelain.

      Delete